Tuesday, August 08, 2006

It's All About the Looks!

Found this post by RB on the Cycle Canada forum (new and somewhat improved), and I nearly busted a gut laughing! Anyhow, here's a repost of it:

"Now I've Seen Everything

Went for a ride this morning and we stopped at a little restaurant for breakfast. No other bikes in the lot but when we walk in we see 2 guys and a gal decked out in everything Harley. They were also with two "civilians" dressed in plain garb. Our three amigos had H-D chaps, vests, t-shirts and obligatory do-rags. Every piece of leather had as many flaming/snarling/screaming/crapping eagles that could possibly fit into the space available. They also had the fingerless gloves (which they left on while they ate??). I smiled and nodded to them and they just sort of stared back with a "please think that we're cool/tough" sort of look on their mugs. I thought it was funny that I didn't see any bikes but figured what the hell, they must be parked around back or somewhere, so we took a seat.Sooner or later they finish wiping up the egg yolks with their fingerless gloves and they stroll out. I'll bet you they have practised walking that way for each other! Clint Eastwood or John Wayne never walked that tough.I'm just tucking into my omelet when I happen to look out the window and see them..............CLIMBING INTO THE BACK OF A PICKUP!!!!! Now I can be as open minded (some say empty headed) as the next doofus but why get all the gear on just to ride in the back of a truck to breakfast? Maye they were from out of town and were guests of the civilians, who wanted to take them for breakfast? If so, they still had to make the concious decision to get all duded up. These people weren't kids either folks. No sirree, they were full-fledged adults, middle aged if you will.Cripes! What's next? Going grocery shopping with Mom while wearing your gen-u-wine Roy Rogers hat, boots and cap-guns?If I hadn't been so dumbfounded I would have laughed, and likely choked. We finished up and went for a great ride. Now I've got to get busy with my chores."

1 comment:

Christine said...

Now THAT is funny!! LOL...I do have some really cool HD shirts, but the rest of my wearing gear is what I like--and I do thisnk the "walking HD billboard" mentality is truly funny...

Although I do have to give props for the marketing department of HD...to overcharge on their motorclothes and accessories and RARELY having a sale yet getting consumers to buy everything HD...is marketing genius!!

I have some cool T-shirts--from the sale rack--and do collect the HD pins (at 5 bucks or so a pop, I've got a memento that never wears out)...but other than that, I'm not logoed out. I can't afford it *grins*...

LOL...