Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Sun Sets...

Well, there goes 2005. The Sun has set on yet another year, and I suppose now is the time to reflect on what transpired in the past 365 days... Bullshit! What's done is done - why waste time on it. It may sound cynical, but I hate all those "year in review" shows on radio and TV that get aired at this time of the year, because they usually concentrate on the negative. Never have I seen a news anchor or radio DJ say something like "all in all, last year was great!"

Here's my review of 2005:
- I'm still healthy, which would probably mean that I'm also still alive.

OK, that's about it! Everything else was either out of my control or something that I had a part in making real (on purpose or unwillingly).

This being said, I still wish a great 2006 to everybody. Hope things roll your way.

Oh, almost forgot to bitch about something that's been nagging me the past few days: DIET PILLS ON TV!!! I'll admit the timing is probably right as I too have erred on the side of excess during the holidays, but does anybody actually believe in these pills? All smoke and snakeoil if you ask me.

"Let our New Year's resolution be this: we will be there for one another as fellow members of humanity, in the finest sense of the word." - Goran Persson

No comments: